This pineapple chicken recipe is ideal for a summer evening. This recipe is light, tasty, and incredibly simple to make, with fresh flavors of the season.
PINEAPPLE’S HEALTH BENEFITS
Pineapple contains 131% of your daily Vitamin C requirement. Vitamin C is extremely important for both immune function and collagen synthesis.
One medium pineapple contains about 13 grams of fibre, which is extremely important for lowering your risk of colon cancer and managing blood sugar levels.
Bromelain, an active enzyme found in pineapple cores (eat them! ), aids in the breakdown of proteins into peptides and amino acids. Bromelain has also been used to treat ulcerative colitis and acid reflux symptoms.
Bromelain has also been used to treat pain and inflammation, particularly in patients suffering from arthritis.
Do you need another reason to prepare this dish? I didn’t think so.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 large brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 pack young corn
- 2 tbsp. tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 fresh medium pineapple, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 2 small red capsicums, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger powder
- 1 tbsp. honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- sesame seeds and spring onion to garnish
- serve with brown rice
- Toss the chicken and brown onion in a large frypan with a splash of water until slightly brown.
- Toss in the tamari and sesame oil to combine.
- Toss in the pineapple, young corn and red capsicum to combine.
- Sprinkle with ginger powder, honey (if using), and tomato paste.
- Allow for a 10-minute simmer. Serve with brown rice on the side.