Indulge in your love for salmon pasta with a twist! Discover our wholesome dinner inspiration featuring salmon, penne, fresh veggies, and aromatic basil. This dish is not only delicious but also a nutritious treat.
- 350g penne
- 2 salmon steaks, about 175g/6oz each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nut
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 300g mushroom, sliced
- handful basil leaves
- STEP 1 Cook the pasta following pack instructions, adding the salmon to the water 6 mins before the end of the cooking time.
- STEP 2 Heat the oil in a pan, then cook the pine nuts until toasted. Add the pepper and fry until softened. Tip in the mushrooms and stir until they start to soften, then add a ladleful of the pasta water.
- STEP 3 When the pasta is cooked, remove the salmon to a plate, then drain the pasta. Fork the salmon into flakes and add to the vegetables along with the pasta and the basil leaves. Season with pepper and lightly toss together before serving
SOURCE: BBC GOOD FOOD