Elevate your mealtime with this effortlessly delicious and nutritious chicken salad bursting with vibrant flavors. Plus, it’s perfect for packing in your kids’ lunchboxes.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- zest and juice ½ lime (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100g bag mixed salad leaves
- large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- STEP 1 Cover the chicken with cold water, bring to the boil, then cook for 10 mins. Remove from the pan and tear into shreds. Stir together the fish sauce, lime zest, juice and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- STEP 2 Place the leaves and coriander in a container, then top with the chicken, onion, chilli and cucumber. Place the dressing in a separate container and toss through the salad when ready to eat.
DRESS IT UP
Ginger chicken lettuce cups – Finely chop 2 chicken breasts. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, cook chicken until golden, then stir in 1 finely chopped lemongrass, 1 tbsp minced ginger and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Cook 1 min more, stir in 2 tbsp fish sauce, juice ½ lime and 2 tsp caster sugar. Cool. Separate the leaves from 2 Little Gem lettuces, then spoon chicken mix into these, scattered with coriander and chopped red chilli.
MAKE IT FOR KIDS
Shred 1 roast chicken breast, toss with 100g salad leaves and chopped cucumber. Mix 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce with a squeeze lime juice and drizzle over.
SOURCE: BBC GOOD FOOD