Learn how to use fathead dough to make the BEST and crispiest low-carb pizza crust. This low-carb alternative to pizza is great if you are on the keto diet or just want to cut back on carbs. With only 3 net carbs per slice, it is a carb lover’s dream!
This pizza can be made in less than 20 minutes, and there’s no need to wait for it to rise. It can be frozen before or after baking, which is great for when you don’t feel like making pizza. The dough is made with my version of “Fathead” dough, which I have been testing with different ratios and herbs to make my favorite NY-style pizza.
How to make fathead pizza with keto
To start, you’ll need 1 oz (2 tablespoons) of cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Melt the cream cheese and mozzarella in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until they are mostly melted. Now stir until all of the cream cheese is mixed in. It might seem hard at first, but it will soon make sense.
The next step is to just add the egg, almond flour, baking powder, and herbs. Mix until everything is combined. Even though the dough seems sticky, that’s fine.
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese (or 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Cheese shredded mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, feta etc
- Your favorite meats chicken, beef, pepperoni, turkey, etc
- Your favorite veggies Onion, Pepper, Jalapeno, olives, spinach, etc
- Your favorite sauce sugar-free tomato sauce, olive oil, ranch, blue cheese, buffalo, etc
- Herbs Parmesan, Crushed Red Peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and add in egg, almond flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Mix with a spoon until well incorporated.
- Transfer dough onto a large piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Flatten out dough using a rolling pin to about ¼’’ thick. Remove parchment paper and shape with hands if desired.
- Transfer pizza on the parchment paper onto a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven (keep the oven on) and load your pizza however you like with all of your favorite sauces, cheese, and toppings.
- Bake pizza for another 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.